Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Classmates



So let me briggidy-break down my tues/thurs night class. The first day I walk in, immediately noticing a lack of foxy ladies, and encounter a nightmare from my childhood. Sitting on the opposite side of the room is a guy who looks eerily like Soda Popinski. If you're not familiar with "Punch Out" for the NES I've provided a picture. But wait, there's more! I quickly realized that this guy spoke a little too loudly for my taste and seemed to choose the oddest topics for conversation. It took me about an hour to finally realize the guy is autistic, making my previous ideas of him being intentionally annoying a little cruel. Makes you wonder why he chose a history major though... he can spit out dates like it's no one's business, but I've found that he has a lot of trouble writing anything involving analysis. It makes me wonder if he gets any lowered class requirements since it's a state funded school. I've added a video depicting a classmate getting frustrated with him after 10 or so minutes of conversation.



1 comment:

The Suarpion said...

I think this about sums up the Punch Out experience:
http://www.pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF167-Punch_Bout.gif